Wednesday, January 03, 2007

blogs I forgot to cross post from myspace

Tuesday was deceptivley quiet. Apparently all the complaining customers were slow to awaken from the Christmas hangover and so waited a couple of days before making my life hell again. Christmas was a very nice and needed break from them. Even Wednesday morning was looking pretty promising, but then Wham!!, they woke up and realized that they hadn't pissed anybody off yet and needed to catch up. First theres the woman (she sure as hell ain't no lady) who thinks her doctor should spend several hours of his time trying to get a prior authorization for her to save $8.49. For real. She actually had a fit at me on the phone when I told her her doctor had refused. Then there was the man who raised holy hell because our supplier is out of the combo med he wants and so he has to take 2 seperate drugs instead. He threatened to go to another pharmacy, but backed off that when we offered to transfer it for him. Damn. He's a bastard every time he comes in, I was so hoping it was our chance to get rid of him. While we are running people out, can we get rid of the toothless, meth addict asshole on welfare, who smells like he rolls in an ashtray and sits drinking starbucks and glaring at us while he waits impatiently for his percocet? Or how about the whole morphine support group who brings in and picks up each others meds and then claim they didn't get enough. And especially the whole families of hydrocodone addicts. I can think of 7 families right off the top of my head, where every member older than 16 is getting 100''s of hydrocodones every month. Oh wait, make that 9, no 10, oh shiiiiiit, they're everywhere. What the hell can possibly be wrong with every member of the family that they all need pain meds all the time? And they usually all see the same doctor, does he not realize these people are related? Does he have any clue how many of these pills are sold on the street, and he just keeps writing the prescriptions and believing the the bullshit they feed him every month? Has he noticed that not one of them ever, and I do mean ever, made the prescription last for the whole month? He buys the bullshit lines, like, "I lost them", "I dropped them in the toilet" (just how does one do this on a monthly basis?), "I had a different pain, so I had to take more", "my friend had a pain some I loaned him some" etc etc etc ............, its all bullshit
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Crotchfruit Current mood: amused
Don't you just love that word? I saw it used in reference to the multiple children of a mother on welfare. Laughed my ass off. How am I ever going to keep a straight face for the next one who comes in sucking a starbucks and demanding that I fill her prenatal vitamins faster? Oh well, who cares, gotta laugh when you can, otherwise you'll find yourself in a small padded cell, drooling and wondering what fuck happened.
Have a happy wednesday

Monday, December 11, 2006
I need my Tranks Current mood: nauseated
I need my tranks. This is an actual customer statement. Nevermind that she has 4 drugs with tranquilizing effects on her profile and we have no idea which one she wants, or how she managed to drag her ass off the couch to get to the store, just get it. Or how 'bout the woman who calls every morning and asks "Do I have anything there?" Fuck if I know, did you call anything in? Then theres the 159 or so people who call, ask if the prescription is ready, and when told yes they ask, are you going to fill it? Duh! Today a lady asked me if I thought the generic version of her hormone pill was ok. Shes been taking it for 8 months now, so I told her if she hadn't gone nuts yet, she was probably ok. To her credit she got the joke and laughed instead of saying Huh?
Beer Day on Saturday and the pharmacy party on Sunday, better prepare my liver. Have a nice evening.

Thursday, December 07, 2006
I L..$ my job! @.$^%&*&^%%.$^&*()&^%.^%^&^
Yeah, right. Ok, I love some parts of my job, but who wants to hear about those things? I'd rather rant about the idiots, assholes, addicts, and other bothersome types. I'd rather ponder things like: How come so many hydrocodone users take their pills while standing over the toilet? How come they never drop the thyroid pills? Why can't they stretch those 240 tablets to last a whole month? And why are they all on public health programs? Because those with jobs can't afford addictions? And do they really think its a good idea to fax the doctor every 1/2 hour, or are they in danger of having their voice box ripped out with a spatula when they show up? Some people are still here only because its illegal to kill them. And I wonder how some people make through the day without killing themselves or someone else. The elderly will spend 15 minutes trying to figure out how to swipe their credit card correctly, yet they operated a 3000 pound machine in order to get to the store. They change the amount of medication they use because they think the doctor just doesn't do it right. then they blame the doctor and pharmacy when they are completely screwed up. And why, oh why, didn't anybody read about medicare part d before signing up? Why do they look at you like you're a complete asshole when you explain the doughnut hole? And why do they think its my fault when their insurance doesn't pay enough? Do I look like I'm making extra money ripping off old people? Don't answer that. And since I'm ranting, all sick days should have to be arranged in advance. No, you can't have time off for a case of pneumonia unless its approved by the scheduling office. If this is not possible, we should have the option of closing the pharmacy until a full staff is available to deal with the place. Ok, done for now. Oh, and a couple of good things happened today. A couple of customers expressed true appreciation for the effort given them. Hallelujah.


Tuesday, November 28, 2006

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha -- crotchfruit. I always preferred the term "fuck trophy."

Thanks for x-posting - funny as hell.

5:11 AM  
Blogger These people handle your food said...

Ha Ha, thats a good one, but if thats the trophy I'm getting the hell out of the contest.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home