Monday, October 01, 2007

catching up cross posting

October 1, 2007 - Monday
count by 5’s Current mood: drained
Ok, I hereby declare it illegal to have the first of the month fall on a monday. I also declare it legal to slap the lips off anyone who calls in their refill on a monday morning and expects it to be done before noon. Shit. We didn't even begin to catch up til almost 5 and that was only a brief lull, which I used to bail the fuck out. 9 hours on monday feels like 27. And why is it that people will show up at 8am to pick up the refill they called in at 10pm last night and wonder why its not done. I've tried to explain that the pharmacy fairies, who magically fill your prescription during the night while the store is closed , have gone on strike. Instead of magical refills they spend the night hiding things we will need the next day, and creating new, "enhanced" features in our outdated computer system. I think these same fairies are sending faxes at night to various doctors, demanding refills of hydrocodone, little bastards. See what today has done to whats left of my mind. The place is driving me crazy, and while I know its a short drive can't I at least enjoy the view? They're coming to take me away Haha........... Oh yeah, lyrica will screw up your coordination big time. You're innocently strolling into the h thru p aisle to get the prevacid when your world stands on its side just long enough to make you grab hold of the nearest anything to say upright. Great stuff. And what you grab is never nailed down so you dump stuff everywhere and enp up totally pissed off. Then one of Dr Feelgoods patients will show up with his script for perocdan, and his girlfriends too, and gets pissed of when you tell him it'll be about an hour cuz he's not first in line, and theres only 2 of you working and the fucking phone won't stop ringing, and every call is another of Dr Feelgoods patients wanting to know if their percodan, hydrocodone, alprazolam, diazepam, percocet, etc etc is ready yet. Stress leave. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
7:07 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
September 26, 2007 - Wednesday
dumb, dumb, dumb Current mood: exhausted
So some brilliant moron at corporate decided to advertise a flu clinic in our store on a day when the pharmacist who gives the damn shots won't even be there. And to add more stupid to the pile of shit they have left us with, the damn ad doesn't even mention that you have to a prescription from your doctor, or that our shots are by appointment only, rather than mass vaccination. This translates into a couple hundred extremely pissed of old geezers, their shirts encrusted with breakfast, at the store, stomping their feet, slamming their purses on the counter and complaining about how they had to inhale this mornings oatmeal and grapefruit to get here early only to find out its all a big lie, and what do mean I gotta have scription, I never did afore? They will be so pissed off that they got dressed and left the house for no reason, and guess who gets to deal with it? Fuck me. A certain un-named tech is never getting time off anywhere near flu season again. I'm only working Sunday to cover for her. Paybacks, I'm tellin ya. So, anyway, the damn flu shot ad came out in the paper today and the frickin phone must have rung 450 times by 2pm. And every one of them wanted to know when could they get their flu shot, interspersed with the hydro addicts wanting to know if the doc called in their refill yet. I want to rip the phone out of the wall and wrap it around someones frontal lobe. However I believe the frontal lobe has long since been removed from my favorite choice. Oh yeah, they also "enhanced" the computer system. I would define it as "fucked all to shit". More needless steps. Completely stupid screens we don't need, want or have the time to constantly escape from. And to top it all off, they had a managers meeting today, and sent out yet another buttload of meaningless adminstrative bullshit to deal with in the less and less hours we have to it. I'm gonna have to drink more, wheres the whiskey?
7:49 PM - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
September 25, 2007 - Tuesday
tortoises are faster Current mood: frustrated
This week one of our regular techs is on vacation. I must make sure this never happens again. The scheduling office, 2 nice gals who have never worked with any of the people they send, have sent a "floater" tech who I'm pretty sure is already dead. He's about 112. I've seen grass grow faster than this guy can fill a script, and in fact I'm quite sure that paint dries faster. He is apparently deaf as a stone because he can't seem to hear the phone ringing 25 times while everyone else is either on a line already or with a customer. I had to put mine on hold, answer the other one and put it on hold and refrain from throttling the dipshit in the process. This happened multiple times throughout the day. I explained the most efficient way to get the rx's staged, counted and ready for checking, twice. He looked at me like a deer in the headlights. So I sent him to run the register for a few minutes, staged a pile of prescriptions as a visual for him, and showed him how it worked. Still couldn't figure it out. Just shoot me. So we had him put away the drug order, which took him most of the day and kept him in everybodys way. He would stand and stare at the the shelves as if it were the first time he'd ever laid eyes on them. (he was just here a month ago) If you needed something in that aisle he would continue to stand there, not getting the fuck out of the way, until you just pushed him out of the way. It took forever to figure out where the drugs go, they are alphabetical. Maybe hes like George Bush and they are really alphajabetical. Hmmm. I had the man terribly confused in the first 10 minutes he was there. A certain delivery customer likes to have an extra reciept to turn in to her secondary insurance. No big deal, just put the extra label in the bag. It took 2 of us, explaining that she just likes an extra copy, so just stuff it in the bag. So the next delivery presciption comes up and this guy comes over to me, look of perpetual confusion on his face, and says theres only 1 copy of this label. Yeah, whats yer point? Isn't there supposed to be 2? Fuck. Only for that 1 customer, we already explained that. So he's goes and asks the pharmacist the same question. Pharmacists head explodes, makes big mess.............So, 2 weeks of this. And a certain tech, who I know will be reading this, is never getting a vacation again. No sick time either. Oh, and if I'm lucky, they will send Methusela as the floater when I'm on vacation in 2 weeks. Nanner Nanner.
6:38 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
September 17, 2007 - Monday
Personal responsibility, hahaha Current mood: gloomy
So I was doing my grocery shopping yesterday when I was accosted by a pissed off pharmacy customer. She had called last friday, at 3pm, saying she was out of her pain med and she had no refills, what was she going to do? Grow a brain came to mind but I kept my mouth shut. So, I told her I would see what the pharmacy manager had in mind. He said she could come get a few tablets from him. I told her she would need to come get them from the pharmacy manager. She didn't show up. Til the next day, when the manager was out of town and a temp pharmacist was filling in. She told him she needed a few of her pain pills to get by until the dr called. Not wishing to lose his license over someone he didn't know, he refused. She got pissed off. He told her to call her doctor and have him call it in. she did. The doctor called it in, but when the phamacist wanted to verify his identity he could not produce his DEA number. Sorry. He should know it like his birthday. So again the pharmacist said no. I should add that all of the refusals were sent through the overworked, underpaid tech who kept having to explain everything to the dumbass pissed off patient. She then sent in her husband, who threatened the pharmacist with physical harm if he was seen in the parking lot. The tech called the store manager at this pint. Management was of no help what-so-ever, and apparently did not care if the pharmacist was beaten up. In the end, the doctor called the rx in to another store. Fine and dandy. So this woman is getting all pissy with me, complaining about how she was treated, etc, mind you this is my day off and I'm just shopping, so I told her flat out if she had come in when I told her to, there never would have been a problem at all. Her response: "I forgot". So, obviously, failure to plan on her part is a major emergency on our part. Bullshit. She needs to realize the entire mess was her fault to begin with. What kind of dumbass calls on friday afternoon and thinks the refill is gonna be done before monday. Hello! Doctors offices are not open on weekends. This is why we all have to take time off from work to see them. So I guess I will have to shop at the other store from now on. I may have to be nice when I'm working but I sure as fuck don't when I'm off. and since I'm on a good rant this morning, my head is pounding, my neck is in a vise and its only 6:45, let me just say that the next unemployed medicaid patient who bitches about how long their prescription is gonna take is going to get their lips slapped off. Just a warning.
6:31 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
September 4, 2007 - Tuesday
It wasn’t as bad as I thought...it was worse Current mood: numb
And you think I've got a bad attitude. The "public..k" today just sucked ass. They were mean, impatient, arrogant, demanding, and some are lucky they still have their balls. It was 2pm before someone with a new prescription just said ok when I told them how long it would be. Every single person up to that point would say "that long?" Why? I had such an urge to say because we are busy picking our butts and standing around so that we can annoy you. Instead, I would grit my teeth, and let me tell you I think I have lockjaw now, and then I would explain the painfully obvious to them. We are very busy. You did not get here first. The morons at corporate have cut hours again so that we may better serve you by being shorthanded. You are more than welcome to get your ass out of my face and use another pharmacy. Oh wait, that last part was just a suggestion, not an explanation, like I owe any of these buttheads an explanation. One woman apparently thought if she stood there at my window and stared at me, it would make me pull a rabbitt out of my ass and have her damn antifungal cream faster. I hope the fungus in growing on her ass and it itches like hell. I finally ordered her to go sit down and wait and she very reluctantly got the fuck out of the way for the next asshole. I think the only thing keeping me from going pharmaceutical is the vision of sharing a jail cell with the drugged out bulldyke who calls begging for hydrocodone everyday. Makes me want to hurl everytime she calls. gag.
7:27 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
September 3, 2007 - Monday
Do I have to go back? Current mood: chipper
Shit, tomorrow is the equivalent of monday and tuesday rolled into one incredibly long, busy, frustrating kind of day. The addicts will be a the door before we open with loads of excuses why they no longer have that months supply of hydrocodone they picked up on friday. Hell, one of them called on sunday and claimed she "dropped them on the floor", the pharmacist told her to pick them up and dust them off. Then she said she couldn't find them....must have some big fucking rats in her house. Wonder if they're on welfare too? Pretty sure this ones not selling hers though, judging by the level of slurring and crying she does on the phone everyday. This person is so bad with her drugs that we have to give them to her 1 day at a time or she'll take the whole damn bottle at once. Couldn't we just whack her with a sledge hammer and she can detox in a coma for a while? It would be cheaper and likely more satifying than trying to decipher her daily reason to beg for more drugs. I used to feel sorry for her, now I'm just annoyed. She cries hysterically and talks about how awful her mother was to her and so on and so forth. I started out very sympathetic, but now I'm thinkin its time for her to suck it up and get over it already! Lots of people have lousy upbringings and don't use it as an excuse to bathe their brain in narcotics everyday. And to anyone who's planning to come in and tell me the hydrocodone got "stolen", bring a police report with you, otherwise fucking forget it. And for those people who waited until friday afternoon to have us fax your doctor for a refill, I absolutely will not fax them again first thing tomorrow. Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine. And for anyone who has the guts to complain when I say 20 minutes, I'm gonna lick all your pills before I put them in the bottle. Oh, and I'm gonna count them 1 per hour, so come back next week. Have a nice day.
8:07 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
August 27, 2007 - Monday
Did I mention I quit? Current mood: cynical
I quit. Screw it, its a lost cause. First thing this morning I have a very nice customer at the window, he has lots of transfers, but ok, when Mr Arrogant shows up and is out there trying to get my attention. I told him to wait his turn. Now the fucker is really agitated, trying to talk around the other customer. What a rude bastard. The nice man, asked if I would like him to step aside and take care of Mr Asshole, I said when pigs fly. The jerk then went and read the pharmacist the riot act about how he doesn't have time because he has a business to run. Really? What is it? I'll have to pay a visit and be a complete asshole. The pharmacist told him if he doesn't have enough time to wait he should plan better, hahhahaha. Then the next guy threw a fit when I told him 25 minutes for his prescription. He was about 85, where the hell has he got to go? Hot date at the nursing home? The rx was for a months supply of antibiotics, Maybe he should look closer at his dates. Maybe he's just afraid he'll kick off in the store waiting. He went from my window the register and asked the pharmacist if it was really going to take that long, and much to my pleasure, the pharmacist, said no, probably longer. We make a good team. After that it was all a blur of hundreds of refills. To top off this week, we are coming up on the first of the month, very busy, on a holiday weekend. This tranlates into everyone calling over and over to make sure the docs have called in the hydrocodone, since apparently no one can have a fun weekend with out their recreational drugs. Hmmm, is it wrong to hope some of them choke on it? Probably. I know, karma will come back to kick my ass for that one. Well anyway, next weeks excuses for why everyone is out of hydrocodone should be good. I'll try to keep a tally of how many were dropped in the toilet, dropped in the sink, stolen (this ones pretty popular) sold on the street (only the dumbest of asses ever hints at this) lost, taken too soon for various "other" pain. I love that one. A person taking handfuls of hydrocodone every day needs to take more because some other part hurts. Huh? How the hell do they feel anything at all? You should be able to poke them with a stick all day and get no repsonse. Hey, theres an idea, get me a stick.
8:24 PM - 2 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
August 22, 2007 - Wednesday
Just the facts Ma’am Current mood: cranky
The lady on the phone spends 5 minutes explaining why she is calling, going into graphic detail about the medical condition she has, (it involves her crotch, you don't want to know and neither did I) and finally says,"is my prescription ready?" My reply: "Whats your name?" I would much rather have said " well who the fuck are you and I'll go check." I answer the phone about a hundred times a day, and these people think I know them all by voice. Go figure, Ok, I admit to knowing some, but they are the really obvious ones. Like the "mentally challenged" guy, and thats putting it lightly, who calls and says, "its me". Ok, pick any random customer and refill a prescription. Or the the addict who is always crying when she calls, she sounds like shes on the verge of suicide every time, you get depressed just answering the phone. This is at least easier than the immigrant population who have multilple last names they go by, and get pissed at you for not knowing that just because the prescription said jose martinez, we should automatically know that it will be under jose arrazola. Makes perfect sense, lets use different names at the pharmacy and doctors office so they can never make the connection and never have the damn prescription ready, and we can use large amounts of computer memory with duplicate and sometimes triplicate entries. Even better, lets wait til we pick up to show them the medicaid card we managed to qualify for, after the prescription has been filled, so now we can run it again and realize that we are paying for it too. Son of a bitch. And to top it all off, my damn muscles hurt, and I'm whiney to the point that I can't stand myself. I quit.
7:34 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
August 8, 2007 - Wednesday
Fill this crap for the princess Current mood: savage
Seems the customer we ran back to walgreens did an turnaround and came back. Son of a bitch. If we had a window we could have seen her coming and got out the rocket launcher. Damn. So anyway, she has to have a "special" brand of hydrocodone, all the better to collect a premium on the street, and we have to special order it every fricking time, and she bitches and calls repeatedly to see if the order is in, and can't I please have at least a Taser? I could have so much fun with it. "What do mean it'll be 20 minutes? All you idiots have to do is count 30 pills! ZZZAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. Hahahahahahahaha, now it'll be 30 so you have time to go home and change your pants. I had an old bastard yesterday who kept demanding to know how long his prescription was going to be. I kept telling him that depended on his dr calling back since he was out of refills. So he butts in front of other cusotmers, twice, to ask the same thing again. He yells at me that he is out of medicine and needs it tonight. By now I'm thinking this asshloe is a definite Slinky. Not good for anything, but it will bring a smile to my face to push him down a flight of stairs. Stupid fucker never came back for the damn pills he was so desparate to get. He needs penalty minutes when he comes to get it. Also, we have a new immigration reform proposal. For every illegal immigrant, we shoud send one of our hydrocodone addicts to Mexico. We may end up with the better deal that way. Call it part of the fair trade agreement.
8:36 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
Fill this crap for the princess Current mood: savage
Seems the customer we ran back to walgreens did an turnaround and came back. Son of a bitch. If we had a window we could have seen her coming and got out the rocket launcher. Damn. So anyway, she has to have a "special" brand of hydrocodone, all the better to collect a premium on the street, and we have to special order it every fricking time, and she bitches and calls repeatedly to see if the order is in, and can't I please have at least a Taser? I could have so much fun with it. "What do mean it'll be 20 minutes? All you idiots have to do is count 30 pills! ZZZAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. Hahahahahahahaha, now it'll be 30 so you have time to go home and change your pants. I had an old bastard yesterday who kept demanding to know how long his prescription was going to be. I kept telling him that depended on his dr calling back since he was out of refills. So he butts in front of other cusotmers, twice, to ask the same thing again. He yells at me that he is out of medicine and needs it tonight. By now I'm thinking this asshloe is a definite Slinky. Not good for anything, but it will bring a smile to my face to push him down a flight of stairs. Stupid fucker never came back for the damn pills he was so desparate to get. He needs penalty minutes when he comes to get it. Also, we have a new immigration reform proposal. For every illegal immigrant, we shoud send one of our hydrocodone addicts to Mexico. We may end up with the better deal that way. Call it part of the fair trade agreement.
8:36 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
About FAQ Terms Privacy Safety Tips Contact MySpace Promote! Advertise MySpace Shop © ©2003-2007 MySpace.com. All Rights Reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home