Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I hereby declare....... Current mood: lazy
I am now delaring it a punishable offense to call the pharmacy, repeatedly, to ask if your medication is ready yet. Nevermind that it was called in on sunday night and didn't have any refills on it, and its now monday morning and not even 9 yet, and the doctor is not going to get it here until much later. Why are so many people sure that if they just keep calling every few minutes that I will pull a rabbit out of my ass and it will magically appear? About the 5th call they are wondering why on earth I'm so short with them. I couldn't possibly have anything else to do on a monday morning. I couldn't possibly have a hundred or so rx's to process between 8 and 9am. I don't have a pile of stuff left from last week, while I was on vacation, that needs to be fixed. This pile does not indicate what things I need to teach anyone how to do. Nope, nothing else to do but sit on the fax waiting for prescriptions to hatch. And its a guarantee that if you have called me over and over again I will take my sweet time getting done. Penalty minutes. The only people who are immune to them are really sick kids and people who just left the dentist. I can pity them for being in a hurry. Everyone else is just being a pain in the ass when they try to rush me. When I get that classic line from dumbasses with no clue, "why 20 minutes, you only have to count 30 pills?, said with a snarky little attitude that indicates that I'm some kind of moron if I can't go any faster than that, I am now getting snarky back and telling them "yes, it will take at least that long becuase you were not here first". This is followed by, well can't you move it up for me? Sure, when you extract your head from your ass I will think about it. I will do it when pigs fly. And don't try the molasses trick either. The one where snarky instead acts like my best friend, asking about my day, pretending to be syrupy sweet, thinking that along with burnt out and overstressed it also says stupid on my forehead. You get penalty hours, not minutes, for that one. Oh, and one of the speed dialers today live saround the corner from me. I think I'll run over his flower bed, while he's in it. So to make up for all the assholes, snarky witches and other vermin I had to deal with on Monday, I get one person, whom I spent alot of time trying to figure out insurance stuff for and was at least able to tell her what she needed to do, told me I was a blessing. The very few and far between are the reason that I come back for everday. Today is a 10 hour shift, I'll try to refrain from bitch slapping anyone. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home