Sunday, December 02, 2007

Is it the holidays or what?

If it was possible to reach through the phone line and rip out someones vocal cords, I would have done it today. And happily at that. I swear I'm done answering the damn phone anymore. We filled an rx for an expensive antibiotic a couple days ago, and the bitch about to lose her cords threw a fit because her copay was forty bucks. Versus the hundred she would have paid without insurance. So we only had 4 in stock, we sold her the whole thing and ordered the rest. Well, stupid supplier, who verified they had it, didn't bother to actually send it. I told the woman I would re-bill her insurance for 4 tablets and refund her the difference and she could get the rest somewhere else. She has screaming fucking fit and wants us to just give her the pills for free since we are such a bunch of dumbasses, who couldn't get her hardly ever used antibiotic. News flash! No one stocks a large quantity of ketek because the only docs who ever write for it just got a visit from the big boobed drug rep cheerleader, and lets face it, this town is too small for the big boob cheerleader to waste much of her time in. So we transferred the remainder across the street to a store that had 7 ketek tablets in stock. Still not enough, I'm sure she is over there having a shitfit on them too. I'm also sure she will complain about me to the corporate bozos and they will slap my hand tell me to pull a rabbitt out of my ass and produce the product for her. Funny thing, she wanted to know if we didn't have enough because of employee theft. Hahahahahaha, duh, if I were a thief I'd be sure to steal the antibiotics and not the narcotics. Stupid. Anyway, it seemed everyone took an ugly pill today. They were inpatient, beyond the norm, nasty, bitchy and generally ugly all day long. The ones on the phone were even worse. Only good thing to come of the day is the hospice patient who may actually get her pain meds instead of having them highjacked by her daughter and grand daughter. They kept reordering her hydrocodones much too soon, So soon that if she was really getting them her liver would have already failed and killed her. So just where were all those hydro's going? Taken by the kids for their own use or maybe for sale. After multiple calls to the doc, he opted for duragesic patches that the hospice nurse will apply herself every three days. I just hope those 2 leeching morons don't figure out how to use them. So tomorrow I have a huge stack of narcotics orders that can't be dispensed until the first, along with whatever else isn't done from today, and I'm thinking of taking up heavy drinking at about 4:01 tommorrow afternoon. If I don't go pharmacuetical at 8:01am. Could happen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home